As responsible drivers, it is crucial to be aware of the rules of the road in MO. The traffic laws guide us and ensure our streets remain safe and secure. The team at Gary’s Auto Service emphasizes the importance of safety, as both a car owner and driver. As a car owner, preventative maintenance and auto repair is imperative, and as a driver, recognizing and following the traffic laws is also critical.
Gary’s Auto Service can help you with both -- traffic laws and preventative maintenance. Here are the traffic laws in MO that you need to know about:
- The driver and front-seat passengers are required to wear seat belts.
- Instructional permits are available for drivers 15 years of age or older. Anyone younger than 15 should not be driving.
- Children under the age of 4 must be in a safety seat. Children that weigh less than 80 lbs, regardless of age, must also be in a safety seat.
- Pedestrians always have the right away.
- Drivers are required to follow minimum speed limits.
- It is illegal to pass another vehicle through a construction zone.
- Make sure to use your turn signal and brake lights 100 feet before turning, changing lanes, or slowing down.
- Drivers should only enter a roundabout from the right, never from the left.
- If you are driving on an interstate, only use the left lane for passing.
- Never throw anything out a moving vehicle while on the roadways.
Now, that you know some important traffic laws, bring your vehicle to our shop for the other piece of the puzzle -- preventative maintenance. Book an appointment with us today! We look forward to seeing you!